Use eRA Commons to Follow Application Status
eRA Commons is the NIH-managed system that allows applicants, recipients, and HHS staff to securely access and share information. Here you'll understand how you can best use the system.
Once your application is received and processed by NIH an application identification number is assigned (e.g, 1R41CA123456). Use the eRA Commons Status feature for the assigned number to monitor your application.
Authorized users can find these items and more in eRA Commons Status
- Listing of errors/warnings flagged during application processing
- Assembled e-Application image
- Correspondence from agency staff if issues or questions arise after submission
- Review and Institute/Center assignments (~ 2 weeks after due date)
- Assigned contacts (e.g., Scientific Review Officer, Program Official, Grants Management Official)
- Review outcomes, including priority scores (~2-3 days after peer review meeting) and summary statements (~1 month after meeting)
- Ability to submit Just-in-Time information requested prior to a final award decision
- Access to all official documents (e.g., Notice of Award)
If awarded, you'll continue to use eRA Commons for reporting and other grants administration activities.