The SEED Innovator Support Team helps NIH awardees build a business and explore their life science innovation's potential. Learn about the aspects of product development beyond the science of the awards.
- Read this article to Master the Investor Pitch.
- Use this Pitch Deck Template to create an investor presentation.
- Fill in the blanks in this Mad Libs-style document to craft a 2 Minute Elevator Pitch.
- Watch this video to learn about Pitching and Promoting the Company.
- Use these Fundraising Guidelines when talking about raising funds.
- Find investors for your company's first professional raise.
- Check out this article to Build Your List of Investors.
- What happens After the Pitch? Read on to find out!
Regulatory & Business Development Consultations
Our business development, intellectual property, regulatory, and reimbursement experts meet with innovators focused on topics including:
- Optimizing formulation or manufacturing operations
- Establishing an advisory board
- Layering intellectual property protection
- Preparing for regulatory interactions
- Gathering evidence to support reimbursement value
- Engaging with investors or strategic partners
Learn more in this video about innovator consultations.
See our Entrepreneurs in Residence FAQs for more information about these experts.
Partnering & Investment Opportunities
It takes a lot of money to get a product to the market. That's why NIH helps connect awardees to investors and corporate partners.
Grantees can request registration support for investor and partnering events. Your company, stage of development, and fundraising or partnering goals will be evaluated for fit with upcoming events, and you may be offered an NIH-paid registration. All companies in this program are offered assistance to prepare for these events, either individually or in cohorts.
|Watch this Company Showcase program webinar from May 31, 2023, to learn more.|
|See our Partnering & Investment FAQs for more information about these opportunities. And read the Showcase Opportunities Notice (NOT-OD-24-013).|
|Attending RESI in January 2024? View the slides to learn what to expect and how to prepare.|
|Attending the Biotech Showcase in January 2024? Watch this recording or view the slides to learn what to expect and how to prepare.|
Gain insight on the path to commercialization from NIH experts and successful life science innovators through SEED’s webinars, workshops, and podcasts.
- A great place to start is with this free course Entrepreneurial Finance for Biomedical Innovators.
- If you're developing a drug, biologic, medical device, or diagnostic tool, watch these webinars about navigating the regulatory landscape at the FDA.
- Watch this webinar recording to learn about commercialization support for Phase I SBIR/STTR grantees.
Interested in hosting a SEED webinar or workshop? Contact us today!